Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » easy and urgent task
easy and urgent task [message #511982] Thu, 16 June 2011 07:29 Go to next message
islammamdouh
hi all
i'm a php and mysql programmer
and i have a graduation project about a pharmacy website
all of it is static pages and only products page must be dynamic "JSP" which connect on oracle 10g database and retrieve data from it and insert it in html tables.
all this work must done with oracle 10g and jDevelopeer
so all i need is :
1- the way to create the database on oracle 10g
2- the way to connect via jsp
3- is the common sql queries like mysql work on it or it's have a special sql queries
i think it's very simple but i faild to do it myself
could i have here any help in this problem
Re: easy and urgent task [message #511986 is a reply to message #511982] Thu, 16 June 2011 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Reading what you've described, Application Express is what rings a bell. Did you consider to use that tool, perhaps?

As of your questions:
  • I don't know jDeveloper.
  • What does "create the database" mean? Is it really a "database", or is it a "schema" instead? What did you install, so far?
  • Although most "SQLs" look similar (more or less following the standards), they might be different, depending on different vendors. So, what works in MySQL *might* work in Oracle, but most probably won't.
Re: easy and urgent task [message #511988 is a reply to message #511986] Thu, 16 June 2011 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
islammamdouh
thank you for your fast reply
i already install the oracle 10g XE
i don't know jdeveloper also but i think it's an visual editor like dreamweaver .. anyway if you have an alternative way to make my code and connection it's ok
Re: easy and urgent task [message #511989 is a reply to message #511988] Thu, 16 June 2011 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
islammamdouh
and also i want to ask if i have to install a local server and what's the best one
Re: easy and urgent task [message #511991 is a reply to message #511988] Thu, 16 June 2011 07:55 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OK, so it seems that you need to create a schema that would contain your database objects (tables, views, procedures, whatever). I don't know how much of Oracle you know, but here it is: Documentation. Pay attention to the "Most popular" section. Concepts book above all, SQL reference as well as Application developer's one (fundamentals).

If you decide to use Apex: 10g XE already contains it (I'm not sure which version it is, but you should upgrade to the latest (4.0)) one. It is quite easy to use, at least if you don't do some complex stuff.
Previous Topic: JDBC : Resultset methods
Next Topic: Insert xml into table in plsql!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:56 CDT 2024